Files |  Tutorials |  Articles |  Links |  Home |  Team |  Forum |  Wiki |  Impressum

Aktuelle Zeit: Di Mai 14, 2024 11:43

Foren-Übersicht » English » English Programming Forum
Unbeantwortete Themen | Aktive Themen

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 33 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: Mi Mai 23, 2007 23:44 
DGL Member

The code might look OK, but, sadly, the results don't look good at all. I want what you get in the first screenshot you posted - the 2007 18:49 one - the guy (with a non-white head) wearing jeans and a blue jacket. As you know, I definitely do want the four textures to be applied to this model. Instead, I get the following results with different bits of code removed / changed:

With no normals:

Bild

With normals, and three calls to glTexCoord2f instead of six calls to glMultiTexCoord2f:

Bild

With the normals and the six calls to glMultiTexCoord2f in place:

Bild

With fTexture.bind; removed:

Bild

So, the white head is the one common thing among all three outcomes. This is particular to using gl3ds for me I'm afraid, the same model (in ASCII format) is rendering OK, i.e. it has a textured head, when using the Sulaco program, it is rendering OK when being imported in to Milkshape, also my own loader (in ms3d format) renders the head OK.

What results are you getting? Something like that, but with a non-white head? Is it time to give up, or do we try more things?

You know what it feels like..? It feels like I'm only rendering three textures... somehow the program can only handle three, or the last one in the .txt file is not being counted or something - this feels more right because it is the last one in the file. I wonder if it used five textures I would only see four? I know it can't be something like this - but it's what it feels like.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: So Mai 27, 2007 15:03 
DGL Member

Programmiersprache: fpc/delphi/java/c#
Just noticed in glbitmap:
Code:
  1. // To enable the dglOpenGL Header you must define "NO_NATIVE_GL" or uncomment above.
  2. // With native GL then bindings are staticlly declared to support other headers or use of glBitmap in DLLs.

So you could try placing a
Code:
  1. {$define NO_NATIVE_GL}

after the interface of gl3ds ,but before the uses.

I do not know if it make a different, but mixing 2 opengl units is never a good idea.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: So Jan 27, 2008 16:34 
DGL Member

I looked at this again today, it's been some time since I last had a look at this.

I noticed the face.jpg was a nPoT texture size... so on a whim, I used Paint Shop Pro to scale it to both a 256x256 and 512x512 .jpg and I see the head in the character using the program this thread was relating to all those months ago. I see the head with the 256x256 .jpg or the 512x512 .jpg.

Yes - I finally see the head rendered properly.

At last.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 33 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3
Foren-Übersicht » English » English Programming Forum